LTA Regulations on Personal Mobility Aids
Active mobility devices governed under the Active Mobility Act (AMA) include:
- Power-Assisted Bicycles (PAB)
- Motorised and Non-motorised Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs): Kick-scooters, electric scooters, hoverboards, unicycles, etc.
- Personal Mobility Aids (PMAs): Wheelchairs, motorised wheelchairs or mobility scooters which are designed to carry an individual who is unable to walk or has walking difficulties.
Code of Conduct for PMA devices
- No riding of PMAs on road
- Keep within the speed limits on public paths and roads
- Maximum Device Speed: 10 km/h
- Maximum Unladen Weight: No Restriction
- Maximum Device Width: No Restriction
- No LTA registration of device required
- No age limits
- No driving licence required
- No road safety theory test or certification required
- UL2272 is not required for PMA. It is only required for other personal mobility devices (PMD), such as e-scooters and e-bikes.
To ensure the user's safety on the motorized mobility aid, our delivery specialist goes through the instructions step by step on-site. Navigating through the vicinity with the user on the proper handling of the device, from approaching the traffic and small spaces, speed control to using a ramp safely.